Future Calling!Register now to apply
MA / Master in Arts - Psychology
Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology offers following M.A. (Master in Arts) programmes:
- M.A. (Psychology)
Recognized Bachelor degree in Psychology (Honors) or Arts/ Science/ Allied Sciences such as Home Sciences/Nursing/Human Development/ B.Tech of minimum 3-years duration with 50% marks (45% for SC/ST) in aggregate and Psychology as one of the subjects at graduation level. Candidates who have appeared in the examination of the final year shall also be eligible. However, for such candidates, admission shall be provisional.
The program shall have following two specializations:
- Clinical Psychology
- Counseling Psychology
Candidates seeking admission in Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology shall fill up the online application form available on our website www.thapar.edu. The candidates are required to fill complete details in the online form. Follow the process mentioned as under for filling up online application form:
Step 1: Click on "Apply Online" link on home page of Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology website www.thapar.edu Step 2: You will reach the landing page of online application form of Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology where you will choose the programme in which you are interested to apply. Once your mouse hovers over the program type, then you will see three buttons namely "Eligibility", "How to Apply" and "Apply Now". We strongly suggest you to visit "Eligibility" and "How to Apply" pages before clicking on to "Apply Now" button of respective programme. Step 3: Now click on "Create New Account" tab and fill in the details to create and receive a unique "Username" and "Password" by email for applying to Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology . If you have already received your "Username" and "Password", then login as per Step 4. Step 4: Login with your "Username" and "Password". Fill up the Personal Details, Academic Details, choose the preferences of the programs, upload your recent photograph & signature, and then Submit the application form. Step 5: Pay the Application Fee through the Payment Gateway (online mode) or through Demand Draft (offline mode). (Application Fee is Rs. 1,500/- for all programs except MSc and MA and Rs. 1,000/- for MSc and MA programs).
If you have filled the application form and paid the application fee successfully through online mode, then you will receive the confirmation by email regarding the acceptance of your online application form. In case you choose the option of making payment through Demand Draft (DD), then you will receive the confirmation by email regarding the acceptance of your online application form after the Institute receives your filled Application Form along with DD through Registered Post/Courier/Speed Post or by hand at the following address:
"In-charge Admission Cell" Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology , Patiala (Punjab)-147 004.
After filling the online application form, take two printouts of the form.
If Application Fee is paid Online: The candidates are not required to send the printout of application form but they must produce it at the time of document checking of original documents during ‘In-person’ counselling. If Application Fee is paid through DD: Please send one of the printouts by attaching DD of required amount as mentioned in filled online Application Form/Prospectus (in favour of Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology and payable at Patiala) to "In-charge Admission Cell" Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology , Patiala (Punjab)-147 004.
Retain second copy of the printout of the form to be produced at the time of document checking of original documents during ‘In-person’ counselling. For candidates seeking admission under Sports category in the 1st year of BE/BTech: Candidates must have done 10+2 from schools located in Punjab and have sports gradation certificate (Grade A/B/C) issued by Director Sports Punjab. Such candidates must send the photocopy of the gradation certificate along with printout of application form. The other eligibility conditions will remain same as applicable to General category students.
For candidates seeking admission under Backward Class (BC) category in the 1st year of BE/BTech: Candidates must have done 10+2 from schools located in Punjab and have valid BC certificate issued by competent authority from the state of Punjab. The other eligibility conditions will remain same as applicable to General category students.
Important Note: A candidate cannot claim admission merely by filling the application form and paying the application fee. If he/she fulfils the eligibility criteria as per the prospectus, only then he/she shall be considered for admission during counselling. So, candidates are advised to read eligibility and other conditions before filling the form.
- The original certificates and set of attested copies of the certificates are required to be produced at the time of document checking during ‘In-person’ counselling.
- Every candidate must indicate in his/her application the category for which he/she wants to apply. A copy of the certificate of the concerned reserved category (if applicable) shall be attached.
- Application completed in all respects should reach the "INCHARGE ADMISSION CELL", Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology , PATIALA-147004, on or before the last prescribed date of the respective programs as mentioned in the Prospectus.
- Incomplete application form in any manner and received after the due date/time will be rejected. The Institute does not take any responsibility for postal delay or loss in transit of the application form, demand draft, withdrawal form or any other communication in this regard.
- The specimens of the format of the required certificates are available on our website for the guidance of candidates. Each certificate must be submitted on the prescribed format and must be issued by the competent authority as mentioned, under proper seal/stamp of their office on a date prior to or on the last date for submission of application form.
PENALTY FOR WRONG INFORMATION/SUPPRESSION OF INFORMATION.
If at any stage it is found that a candidate has concealed, suppressed or distorted any information/fact, in the application form, his/her admission to the Institute, if granted, shall stand cancelled. He/she will have no claim, whatsoever, against the Institute.
- The provisions of Prospectus 2018-19 may be changed by the competent authority without any notice.
- In case of any dispute, the decision of the Director, Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology , Patiala shall be final and binding on the candidates.
For admission to BE/BTech (except B.Tech – Biotechnology) programs on the basis of JEE (Main)-2018 Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination (10+2) are also eligible to apply. Such candidates will be placed provisionally in the merit list. They will not be considered for admission if they fail to submit proof of passing the qualifying examination at the time of counselling.
For admission to B.Tech – Biotechnology programme on the basis of NEET-2018
Candidates appearing in the qualifying examination (10+2) are also eligible to apply. Such candidates will be placed provisionally in the merit list. They will not be considered for admission if they fail to submit proof of passing the qualifying examination at the time of counselling.
For admission to programs other than BE/BTech
Candidates appearing in the final exam of the qualifying degree/diploma (for LEET) are also eligible to apply. Such candidates have to furnish following undertaking at the time of counselling.
- "I am applying on my own risk and responsibility as my final result of the Qualifying exam has not been declared.
- I do hereby declare that I do not have any backlog paper in any of the previous semesters (Years) of study of the qualifying exam and also I do not expect any backlog in my final exam.
- I assure you that I will produce the proof of passing of my Qualifying examination with the minimum percentage of marks required on or before December 31, 2018, failing which my admission shall stand cancelled and I shall not claim any right on any count whatsoever."
For admission to BE/BTech Lateral Entry (LEET) Program
If the candidate is applying in two different groups (as mentioned in the brochure) for admission to LEET programmes than he/she has to select additional group with requisite fee for each group. However, if the candidate is applying for only one group then he needs to fill only one application form along with the requisite fee.
For admission to ME/MTech programs
For all the ME/MTech programs offered by a particular department/school single application form is required to be filled. However, if candidate wants to apply for ME/MTech program of other department/school also, he/she is required to select an additional department/school along with requisite application fee.
For admission to MSc and MA programs
Candidates applying for more than one discipline of MSc, MA programmes are required to fill single application form along with requisite application fee.
For admission to MCA (2-yr) and MCA (3-yr) programs
Candidates who are eligible to apply for MCA (2-yr) and MCA (3-yr) both programs required to fill single application form along with requisite application fee.
For admission to PhD programs
For all PhD programs offered by a particular department/school, single application form is required to be filled. However, if candidate want to apply for PhD program of other department/school also, then he/she is required to select an additional department/school along with requisite application fee.
Last date for receipt of completed application forms: June 30, 2018
Counselling including deposit of fee : July 4, 2018
Last round of counselling for vacant seats, if any : July 27, 2018